Monday, February 4, 2013

Product Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup

I have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup foundation since I came across it at one of the Cosmetic Company outlets here in VA. When I started working as a nurse, I noticed that at the end of my shift my face makeup would literally be melted off or rubbed off and with a busy schedule I had no time to touch up. I went on a search for the real deal type of foundation that will truly last me all day and this is it.

Estee Lauder is like the mother of many other cosmetic sub companies like MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, and Smashbox, but I always thought that it was more for mature women, however the young lady at the CCO recommended this to me and she herself actually uses it. I don't know if it was the glow in her face as she mentioned the product or the excitement in her tone of voice while she raved to me about it, but I was willing to try. it With an open mind to all things makeup related, I used this foundation and I have never looked back since! I simply love it and here are the reasons why....

1 - It is truly a long lasting foundation, minus the heavy, caked-on feeling. It doesn't even feel like I'm wearing foundation when I have this on despite the fact that this is a full coverage foundation.

2 - My pores disappear like magic, just like my acne scars and hyper pigmentation spots gets covered. It also works wonders on dry skin, in that it doesn't make it appear dryer or emphasize it even more.


3 - It's not only OIL-FREE but it's Oil-controlling too! My skin usually gets oily at the end of my work shift, but I found that this foundation does a great job at preventing my face from getting shiny and oily.

(Wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation Without Flash and With Flash)

4 - It's fragrance free, which is another plus on my book because it works well with my super sensitive skin type. I have never broken out with this foundation and mind you, this is my second bottle!

5 - It dries to a semi-matte finish, not too matte that it looks dry or UN-natural. The finish is well..natural looking!

CONS: The only things I don't like about this foundation is the price is on the steep side $36 for 1 fl oz, it no longer has SPF (use to have SPF 10 in it), and it doesn't have a pump.
 The foundation is of true liquid consistency but not too watery that it runs loosely when applied, which means you have time to spread it evenly all over your face. I've had issues back then with foundations drying too quickly and unevenly.

This is how my forearm looked after I spread the small amount of the foundation, you can see that with just one layer, the coverage is excellent.
 After setting for a bit, this is how it looks. This is the only foundation, I have ever used that hasn't oxidized on me (changed to orange or darker color due to facial oils).

Some of my pictures, wearing the foundation after coming home from work.


So that's it for today, will blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com