Saturday, February 2, 2013

UPDATED Review on CG Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation


Have you ever tried a product and when you first apply it, you're like "Ugh! well that's not very pretty...or maybe some choice words instead?" Anyways...that's how I felt today when I first applied Covergirl Outlast Stay fabulous 3 in 1 foundation. I rarely ever counter my own review or re-review anything, but this is one of those products where I will have to make an exception.
CLICK HERE FOR MY PREVIOUS REVIEW ON THIS PRODUCT

(Here's swatch of CG 3 in 1 Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation in shade Soft Honey)

At first, I thought "Okay, Julie you've tried many drugstore foundations and none were ever worthy or worth double taking, so what's the biggie with this one?" Sure the packaging is hygienic, the price is a little steep, contains SPF, and the formula promises what seems to be too good to be true..Lasting power of PRIMER, coverage of a CONCEALER, and blendability of FOUNDATION in ONE...and shine-free to boot!


In my first review, I admit I was too quick to judge this foundation. After I finished typing up my initial review of this product, I realized that the foundation was actually AMAZING, the best drugstore foundation I have ever used to date! Despite having chosen the wrong color, one with a pink undertone, I actually liked that it looked soooooo natural. It had a powdery finish to it. I now have it in Soft Honey instead of Medium Beige.

My skin felt smooth and I could actually touch my face without the foundation transferring over my fingers or smearing. Even though I had to do a couple layers of this foundation, I didn't need to use powder to set it. It's been 6 hrs and my face is not at all oily/itchy/shiny/sticky and I know that it's good when even the usually quiet hubby tells me that it looks great on me.

I also bought the L'Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer (will review this one soon!)

I hope this review helps any of you who are interested in trying out this foundation. I will update you guys if I have any skin reactions or breakouts.

I haven't purchased any drugstore makeup in a while, but have you guys noticed the high prices??? Almost everything is above $5!!!




6 comments:

  1. Totally know what you mean. I tried Garnier BB Cream in the summer, and did not like it. But after a few months with it, I can't leave the house without it.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super helpful review! Just asking, why did you change your shade from warm beige to soft honey? Was the warm beige too pink? Does the soft honey oxidize real bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply but yes I did change the shade because warm beige has a pink undertone where as soft honey was more of a yellow. Sad to say but this foundation is now collecting dust. It's just not good for hot summer weather

      Delete
    2. So sorry for the late reply but yes I did change the shade because warm beige has a pink undertone where as soft honey was more of a yellow. Sad to say but this foundation is now collecting dust. It's just not good for hot summer weather

      Delete
  3. Is Soft Honey not that light for you? Or it's a color closer to Golden Tan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry for such a late reply but I just saw this comment and I figured it's better late than never. In regards to your question, my foundations almost/always oxidizes or darkens on me so I chose Soft Honey. Also, due to the lightening products I've been using for my acne scars, my skin has significantly gotten lighter.

      Delete

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com