Thursday, August 1, 2013

Product Review: New POND's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream

Hello stranger! You guys remember when I reviewed and designated POND'S Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser as my holy grail facial cleanser right? So you can imagine how ecstatic I was to find out about the new BB cream from the same POND'S Luminous line. Gosh, who ever came up with the idea to use the word "Luminous," which means light or glowing was a marketing genius.

Anyways, I decided to go ahead and go on the hunt for this New POND'S Luminous BB Cream after watching quite a few review vids on Youtube. A few people from the internet said that they purchased it from Walmart, but to my disappointment the one near my house did not carry it. Good thing hubby asked me to go the grocery store and get him some sore throat medicine and voila! I was able to get both of the light and medium shades that this BB cream comes in. FYI it was my local Harris Teeter that carried it. Also, in the midst of looking for the store that carries this product, I luckily stumbled upon a $2 off coupon that can be used for one of this per transaction so if you want to get both then I suggest doing separate transactions.

Now that I'm done boring you with letters..the following are for those who are more into visuals...
POND's Luminous BB+ Cream
Product Amount: 1.5 Fl. Oz. (44 mL)
Price: $11



Packaging: The tube comes in a box, with details in both English and (flip open side) Spanish. 


Though I appreciate that the expiration date is visible and clear, I would have liked it better to be on the product tube and not on the box because who really keeps their boxes these days? Also, you will notice that the expiration dates vary so I suggest looking for the one that will expire later and get your money's worth!


The tube is easy to squeeze with pink and silver colors and a hard plastic cap that twists onto the white tip also made of hard plastic
 

What it Claims to Do. . . .
  • Natural looking coverage
  • Helps prevent sunburn SPF 15 with UVA/UVB
  • Visible dark spot reduction
  • Instant luminous coverage 
  • Tone perfecting complex
  • Non-greasy moisturization
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Hypoallergenic

Swatches

Light (on the left) and Medium (on the right)

After spreading the product a little bit

and then completely spreading out the product...you will notice that the light is definitely lighter with pink undertone NOT neutral in my opinion, which is what's being said about this product. the medium shade blends out better and may be more justified to be said as a neutral shade. However, the medium shade is more transparent and has less coverage than the lighter shade, which is more opaque.

My take on this product. . . .

After applying this onto my face, I noticed that I did look oily especially on my T-zone areas so a bit of blot powder or translucent is a must for me (I have oily combination skin), however, after removing it I realized that I actually did apply my Boscia Tsubaki OIL as my moisturizer for today, which may or may not affect the oily/greasy effect that this BB cream had on my face. I will re-apply it tomorrow and will also post pictures! promise ^_^

I love the fact that it can possibly reduce my dark spots and that it protects my skin from UVA and UVB rays. I didn't get any type of strong scent, if at all, from this product and believe me! I smell everything since I am prego! Hahaha. Anyways, I also like that it won't clog pores and is hypoallergenic. The packaging is OKAY with my only complaint being the expiration date should be on the tube and not on the box. 

As I said before, I will post pictures of my face with and without the BB cream so you can see for yourselves what kind of "luminous" look this BB cream gives. Also, as far as COVERAGE, the medium shade gives you a very light, almost sheer looking coverage, best for those laid back days when you just want to go au naturale. I will apply the light shade tomorrow and see how much coverage that one gives.

Would I Re-purchase. . .

I will leave this as a "no comment" for now, since I have only used this product once.

*UPDATE*

 Here are the pictures of me wearing the POND'S Luminous Finish BB+ Cream in shades light and medium

On this first picture, I applied the BB cream in Light shade on the left (technically my right side). You will notice an instant glow compared to my bare face on the right side of the picture.

Now in this picture, the Light shade is still on the left but I've also applied the Medium shade on the right. There's not much coverage, but you can see the luminosity.

I know that I previously said that I like the medium shade better because it looks to match my skin tone better, but after applying the Light shade of this BB cream I have realized that because of my acne scars, the light shade is what I prefer since it gives more coverage than the medium shade.

At the end of the day, I still found my face oily, which for me is not much of a surprise, especially in this summer heat. So I still think that using blot powder or translucent powder is a must!

I hope this review helps. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Nice review!! I've been wanting to try this BB cream. Are you still using the Ponds Clarant B3 Moisturizer? I just bought it and wanted to know your thoughts on it. xo

    www.the-lipglossary.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I am still using the Clarant B3 Moisturizer. I only used a little bit at night because I find that if I put too much it can feel greasy. I noticed my acne scars have lightened quite a bit, but I'm not sure if it's only because of the Clarant B3 moisturizer since I also use the POND'S Luminous Cleanser which lightens hyperpigmentation areas. Let me know how you like it!

      Delete

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com