Monday, August 26, 2013

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub Review

Product: St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub

Price: $4.99 (Target store)

Quantity: 4.5 fl oz. or 133 mL

Packaging: White colored squeezable soft plastic tube with a clear flip up cap

Reasons to love this:
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Non-Comodogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Oil-Free
  • Paraben and Phtalates Free (Phtalates are substances added to plastic to increase it's flexibility, durability, longevity, and transparency)
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Claims to be made from 100% Naturally Derived Exfoliants
  • Contains 1% Salicylic Acid for Acne Treatment



 Reason(s) why I like it:
I have always been iffy about trying out exfoliating products because they seem to almost always break me out. I have tried many products ranging from the MAC volcanic ash, St. Ives apricot scrub (which I loathe!), and even the Clarisonic, to name a few. The only one that I've liked so far is the Cure Natural Aqua Gel (#1 Exfoliator in Japan) and quite possibly this one St. Ives Green Tea Scrub.

Though, I am not keen on exfoliating each week, I do it once in a while only as a way of pampering my skin when it really needs that extra TLC. So why do I like the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub you may ask? Well let's start off with the fresh scent. It doesn't smell strong not even close to the green tea scent if you ask me, more like honeydew or melon scent, but it's more on the fresh light side and not fruity. 

It won't break the bank! Let's face it, you want good skincare products but maybe you don't have the monetary means to shell out $100 for the supposed best exfoliating cleanser out in the market. Well, fear not for this might be the answer!

How often do you see an exfoliating scrub that also acts as a blemish controller? It clears breakouts and calms redness. Talk about multi-purpose.

  When first dispensed it looks like a very light whipped avocado cream in color and textured.

Then you spread it out onto your skin and you feel these micro-sized exfoliating particles, not a grain size, not a seed size, and even gentler and smaller than sugar scrub.

As you massage it more on the skin, the particles seem to melt away into this nice lather.

Leaving you with clean baby soft skin.

I will update you guys about this product the more I use it, so you can know more about how it affects sensitive acne-prone combination skin. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you enjoyed this review. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com