Saturday, August 17, 2013

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Shadow Review

The Product: MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Shadow

Size: 0.14 oz

Price: $20

In a nut-shell these are cream eye shadows dispensed as a jumbo pencil. It's not as creamy as the NYX jumbo eye shadow pencils but not as dry as the MAC shadesticks (no longer really available these days).

I purchased these when they went on sale at Hautelook.com (amazing site by the way!) 2 eye shadow pencils for $17, but they normally retail for $20 at either Sephora store or webstore and Makeupforever.com (surely there are other online stores where you can find them). I simply could not pass up on this great deal so I bought all of the ones on Hautelook and I'm so glad I did!

There are 12 shades available. I managed to get my hands on shades -- 6E (Matte Navy Blue), 4E (Matte taupe gray), 28E (Pearly beige), 32E (Pearly white), 20E (Pearly taupe), and 30E (Pearly Pink Beige).

My first impression upon swatching the colors onto my arm is simply "Wow!" I absolutely love how pigmented the colors were and especially with just one light swipe.

It claims to be long lasting, smudge-proof and water resistant. Now, I have had the opportunity to unknowingly wear the swatches on my arm for practically the whole day (I forgot they were even there!) so, I washed my hands, dishes, and even took a shower with them on my arm. Unfortunately, the only two colors that lasted were the matte colors 6E and 4E.

However, I think the colors with pearly finish are beautiful and especially great for highlighting the eye areas, such as the inner tear duct, middle of the eye lid, under the brow bone, and lower lash line.

Would I re-purchase?

I'm glad that I was able to purchase these MUFE Aqua shadow pencils and would definitely re-purchase them again! They are a great alternative to bringing fragile eye shadows for travel and I can stress enough how much I love the finish and color pay off.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com