Saturday, February 4, 2012

Haul Love!

Hey everyone! So this past couple of weeks has been eventful. I had a few major exams, a final and some quizzes here and there so yeah..it's been stressful! Anyways, what other great way to de-stress than to shop. Haha although I do not condone shopping as your primary source of coping from the daily stressors of life, I do think that it's justified to treat yourself once in a while. Let's face it...YOU DESERVE to treat yourself every now and then and splurge a little bit.

Now on to the haul madness of the week! Above is a picture of my loot from good ol' Sephora. I finally got around to purchasing the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and I just gotta say...I LOVE IT to bits and pieces! I used it today and I seriously think that it's a must have in a makeup lover's collection. ^_^ I love the neutral colors and they are not at all the same from the first Naked palette. I also purchased a cleansing pad (pink oval thing-a-mah-bob on the left), Dior j'adore perfume, and an Anastasia brow pencil in Brunette.

Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette ($50)
The packaging is made of metal a little bit heavier but much sturdier compared to the original velvet packaging that was prone to collecting dust. To complete the look, Urban Decay included a dual ended Good Karma crease and shadow brush and a mini tube of lip plumping gloss. On that note, these changes and upgrades may or may not justify the $6 cost increase for some people.
Like the previous palette, this comes with a mirror so it's convenient for traveling and doing makeup on the go.
There are 12 versatile, neutral eye shadows in this palette.
The eye shadows have different finishes but none of them have chunky glitter so that's a plus in my book.
The colors are highly pigmented and wearable for any occasion, day or night.
Instead of the mini Urban Decay Primer potion is this gorgeous plumping lip gloss (lip junkie) in appropriately named Naked. 
Precision Pore Cleansing pad. I feel indifferent about my Clarisonic Mia these days. Why? you may ask...well it's just kinda annoying to have to shell out "x" amount of money for a new brush every month so I figured why not give this $5 thing a whirl. 
I have finally succumbed to buying Dior j'adore perfume after watching Charlize Theron's mesmerizing commercial for the umpteen time. Let's face it...she is one statuesque, gorgeous lady and anything she endorses, whether it's a slab of poop or in this case a perfume from Dior is something people are going to want to try out! Anyways, I said to myself, "okay, if this scent smells like my grandmother's closet then I am running" but after a sample spritz I was hooked! It has a classy scent, not too overpowering but definitely memorable and long lasting!


So these are my additional loot from Sephora and Lush. 
I got a HK compact mirror ($19) from their mon amour collection and a tube of Smith's Rosebud Salve. I got a mini Dolce & Gabbana perfume for being an Insider member too. 
I am a sucker for Hello Kitty stuff, especially if they have an artsy flare and cute color to them, so this pretty lil' mirror definitely belonged in my purse! 
My first LUSH products! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!
I have always been curious about Lush but never really got around to actually trying out their products for reasons I can no longer remember (after having tried them). The sales associate that helped me pick out these products was incredibly nice and she even gave me a hand treatment. 

My Lush loot included: 
Limited Edition Bath Bomb in Leap Frog. Once dropped in warm water, this bath bomb fizzles coloring the bath water green and leaving only the floating red lip which I thought was pretty cool, plus I love cute frogs.

 Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar. This smells like strawberry goodness and the bar itself is like a giant strawberry. It's very moisturizing!

Ocean Salt Cleanser
I purchased this small tub of Ocean Salt as an exfoliator for my face. This was recommended for me to use on my face instead of the Rub Rub Rub because it has a more lush texture and it contains avocado. 
 
Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub
This is such a wonderful body scrub! The sales associate used this for my arm and I just loved it so much because it left my whole arm feeling smooth.

Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
I also bought this Ro's Argan Body conditioner. It smells like fresh roses but the scent is not overpowering. It's a great moisturizer for the body. 

Bubblegum Lip Scrub
I was at the counter and I grabbed this one because I really like the bubblegum scent. 

That's pretty much all my cosmetic loot for this week. I also bought a bag for school but I will most likely do a different post for that and show you guys how I organize my bag for school and what I use, etc. etc. Well I hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far. 

^_^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com