Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Product Review: NEW POND's Luminous Clean


It's been about a week since I bought these two products and I thought I would just go ahead and do an updated review.

POND'S Luminous Clean Daily Exfoliating Cleanser
Product Amount: 5 Fl. Oz. 
Packaging: Clear Tube with frosted pink colored flip top

What it claims to do...
  • Draws out trapped make-up and impurities to brighten dull skin
  • Gentle microbeads help to remove dull lifeless skin
  • Enriched with soft white Kaolin clay and moisturizing ingredients
  • Won't clog pores
  • Dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic
My Take on this product...

By the second day of using this product, I started breaking out. Just a couple of pimples here and there but still, a break out IS STILL a breakout so I automatically had to stop using this product. Other than that, the beads are gentle but because I have sensitive, acne-prone skin it's really difficult for me to truly say that they were not harsh enough to cause me to break out. The product had a nice scent to it and it's very creamy in consistency. It creates a lot of suds and thoroughly cleans the face, but you have to really wash off the product well otherwise you risk that dry soap feeling. 

Would I re-purchase...

Unfortunately, this product did not work for me. It's sad because I really want to find a good, gentle exfoliating product (any suggestions?).

NEXT. . . .


 POND'S Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser
Product Amount: 6 Fl. Oz.
Packaging: White Tube with frosted pink colored flip top

What it claims to do...
  • Draws out trapped make-up and impurities to brighten dull skin
  • For bright, lumious skin
  • Enriched with soft white Kaolin clay and moisturizing ingredients
  • Won't clog pores
  • Dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic

My Take on this product...

I really like (more like shout to the roof LOVE LOVE LOVE!) this cleanser. It's super gentle and it SERIOUSLY does an AWESOME job at removing face makeup! It's gentle to use even on the eyes (doesn't sting), but it doesn't remove waterproof mascara too well. I have been using this product every morning and evening and I am loving how my skin looks. I haven't broken out!!! Yayyy! So I am so happy about that. As far as it's brightening powers, my skin looks more radiant than usual, though I think it will take a much longer time to really see the difference. I love how my skin just drinks up my moisturizer after I cleanse my face using this.

Would I re-purchase...

Definitely planning to re-purchase and get a backup of this cleanser in case POND'S decides to take it off the shelves or something. You never know with these fickle companies. Anyways, I just can't rave enough about this cleanser!

 **UPDATE 8/30/12**
Still had no breakouts with this cleanser. The only minor issue I have is with the packaging. Because of the packaging's texture, makeup from your hands can transfer over to tube, making it look dirty. This happened to me because when I remove my face makeup, I wet my face first with water then I reach for this cleanser. I'm not really sure how this can be avoided without any added effort or extra step of cleaning your hands first. It may not be an issue at all for some people. Aside from that, I am still in love with this cleanser. I will post a new picture soon to show you guys how my face looks now without makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com