Monday, December 21, 2009
What I've learned this year about MAKEUP!
So I was watching some youtube video tuts and it really got me thinking about all the different makeup/beauty techniques or ideas that I learned this year.
This year I learned. . .
1) to give forgotten/dust collecting makeup a second chance. I notice that I tend to overlook a lot of my previously purchased makeup products because somehow it just doesn't work for me as I thought it would, but this year I decided to give a lot of these forgotten makeup another chance. Instead of blaming the product, I figured out many other ways to use the product or to apply it.
2) that piling on a lot of product can make my face break out even more and it also gives off such a heavy look. These days, I tend to just opt for the minimalistic looks. My HG products are as follows...MAC studio finish concealer, MAC msf in medium dark, MAC brow shader in soft charcoal, CoverGirl Lash blast mascara, Laura Geller Spackle face primer, and Carmex for my lips.....Yes that's right ladies..I completely skip foundation! ^_^
3) the best brushes does not necessarily have to be the most expensive ones. The studio e.l.f. brushes are seriously a must-have! They are sooooo soft and picks up enough product. I have MAC face brushes and I haven't used them since I bought the e.l.f. studio complexion and blush brushes. Best thing about these brushes is that they are soooo freakin' cheap!
4) not to focus so much in covering my skin imperfections but instead try to take care of my skin by preventing and pampering it. I cannot stress enough how beneficial drinking water is to skin. Drinking water has improved my overall health and skin complexion. My skin regimen is as follows. . .
MORNING: Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser, Eskinol Calamansi Facial Cleanser (Philippine product and I only use it on the days when I have really bad breakouts), Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF 15.
NIGHT: Oxy face wash Acne Treatment 10% Benzoyl Peroxide, Oxy Cleansing pads (optional and I sometimes skip this), Zapzyt
TO REMOVE MAKEUP: Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes (to quickly remove makeup. This can be purchased at Costco) or Ponds Cleansing Cream
5) that I do have dark circles and the best way to combat them is salmon concealer
6) about Tea Tree oil for dry itchy scalp and Bio-Oil for acne scars
7) not to wipe off makeup but instead blot the area first with the makeup remover and then just pat the makeup off.
8) that not wearing sun glasses leads to premature wrinkles and the dreaded crows feet. *GASP*
9) instead of using a makeup remover to wipe off any mascara smudges or makeup mistakes, just dab/brush on some concealer or the same eye makeup on top of it.
10) there are some really good drug store brands out there. You just gotta look up reviews and try them out to see which ones work best for you.
. . . soooo how about you? what have you learned this year pertaining to beauty or makeup?
Care to share??? Thanks!