Friday, August 19, 2011

August Birchbox & Etc.

Hey there! I know I've been a bit MIA but I'm going to try to update as much as I can. So here are the contents of this month's Birchbox minus a couple of items...Stila Tinted Moisturizer and Twistband.

After reading the card listing all the box contents, it dawned on me that I am missing an item...the twistband! and trust me it can easily be overlooked and chucked in the garbage.
This is a wonderful elastic band that is simple and sturdy to tie your hair with yet fashionable enough to wear on your wrist! What a versatile item!
Now here is a brand that I have never tried before. I'm all into natural, organic products these days so I will most likely give these items a go and let you guys know how I like it.
I recently went on a family weekend trip to Kings Dominion water park and although I missed out on using these towelettes, these would be perfect as a skin refresher after being in a public pool or beach. No more worrying about sunscreen coming off when you use these babies to take off impurities and put on a fresh application of SPF 30+ sunscreen!

I used the small tube of Stila tinted moisturizer right away and it was a typical tinted moisturizer, nothing extraordinary
I rarely rave about a product as it is rare for my hubby to notice a new product that I am using but these...well these he loved! After one of my workouts, I took a shower and used both the shampoo and the treatment and not only did my hair look it's best and healthiest, but my hubby couldn't stop smelling my hair! 
The treatment is like butter on my hands but once I applied it to my wet hair, it started to change in texture and consistency. It was as if my hair was drinking it up or something! I'm usually not into floral scents as much as I like clean, fresh scents but this treatment is like a merger of both in my opinion. You can get about 3 applications out of this small container too.
(I apologize for the upside down pic >_< )
So this one is the shampoo. It has a stronger floral scent but the scent is not as long lasting as the treatment. It's really just like any other shampoo I have tried before, goes on smoothly and lathers nicely.

Aside from getting my birchbox, I went to my fave nail polish store at the mall and purchased some nude, basic colors for my growing nail polish collection.

Alpine Snow, Sweetheart, Sparrow Me The Drama, and Dulce De Leche
 **Swatches**
On another note, I have lost 14 lbs and month one of my Insanity workout regimen is ending this Saturday. I have come such a long way and I've noticed a lot of difference. Yesterday, I went shopping for basic clothes to wear for school, which will begin on Monday. I'm excited but at the same time nervous about leaving my baby daughter for the first time, but I have to finish my studies. 
Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. TGIFFFFFFF!!!

Oh and by the way...I have a review coming up on my new Lancome cleanser...and no it's not the Clarifiance Gel cleanser that broke me out like crazy.
Can you guess which Lancome cleanser has stolen my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com