Friday, August 5, 2011

B&BW Haul & FOTD

Hey there peeps! So here I am again with a haul. I went to to B&BW (Bath and Body Works) the other day, on a mission to find some nice smelling, moisturizing body butters that I can actually stand. I am very finicky when it comes to scented products that I put on my skin because I have sensitive skin. That and the fact that it certain scents just irk me period!

I love going there for the liquid soaps that come in an array of scents that each come in 3 forms; moisturizing, foaming, and deep cleansing. I got 5 for $15 but you can buy 7 for $20 as well. I was ecstatic when I saw that they had a new Mint Chocolate one. I smelled it and it was spot on the scent of real mint chocolate.

I purchased some body products as well, 3 tubs of my new fave body cream. I also got this Peach Citrus Body was for free after getting a coupon for it from the salesperson.


At first, I was ready to just go ahead and settle with the warm vanilla, sweet pea, and twilight woods body butters but lo' and behold I found my perfect scent! It's from the True Blue Spa collection and it is called Shea Cashmere Body Cream.

According the the website, the scent is a creamy vanilla and it contains African shea butter with luxurious cashmere extract.

It's thicker than a regular lotion, as you can see from the peaks, but it's not too thick that it would be hard to blend or be absorbed by the skin. It goes on smoothly and feels like heavenly goodness! The scent is described as a creamy vanilla, but to me it smells like yummy cake batter.

I had a doctor's appointment today so I wanted to look fresh but not overly done up. I used a lot of my lancome products to achieve this look.
For my eyes, I used my Lancome Le Crayon Khol pencil in Black Coffee on the outer half, top lash lines. I then curled my lashes and applied Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara, my ultimate fave mascara!

It is a very minimal look, but I love it! It looks and feels like I have no makeup on. Since my skin is continuously improving with each day of using Lancome Genifique, I was able to apply a small amount of Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. I used a damp sponge to stipple and blend the foundation for a more natural look. 

I then applied a little bit of salmon colored concealer under my eyes (Makeupforever/MUFE 5 Camouflage Cream Palette). 

My t-zone tends to get oily during the summer so I used my MAC 189 brush to lightly sweep and press my MSF Natural powder.

For my cheeks I used MAC Mineralized Blush in Love Rock. I usually use my 129 or 187 brush for blush application but this time I decided to use my big, fluffy face brush-- MAC 150. I think by using a fuller brush like this, I was able to disburse the blush pigment nicely, giving me a more natural looking flush.

To add some ethereal glow on my tired looking face, I dabbed a little bit of Lancome's Eclat Miracle --- Serum of Light Complexion Illuminator on top of my cheek bones (orbital bone area), my brow bone, inner corner of my eyes, bridge of my nose, and cupids bow.

For my brows, I lined the top and bottom with my MAC eye brow crayon in Spiked and then filled the sparse areas with two shades of MAC brow powder....Cork on the inner brows and Espresso on the midway to outer part of the brows. I then applied Ardel brow sculpting gel.
For my lips, I moisturized first with my EOS lip balm and then topped it with my Lancome Juicy tube in Berry Bold.
Well that's it for now! Take care and have a wonderful rest of the week. If it's Friday for you, then Happy Friday!!! TGIFFFFF ^_^

1 comment:

  1. I love love love B&BW soaps lols and all the good smelling stuff from there.

    ReplyDelete

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com