Wednesday, March 9, 2011

EOTD: Smokey Eyes

What do you picture when you think about the perfect smokey eyes makeup look? Intense liner, browns, blacks, and gray eye shadows, muted lip colors, dewy skin, bronzy cheeks, and subtle highlights.
Well that's what I did for this look. I was actually inspired by my cousin Carrie. I will be visiting her soon and she wants to know how to do a smokey eyes look.
If you want to go for the quick and simple route, you can simply apply black or dark brown kohl liner on your top and bottom lash lines and then smudge it out with a pencil brush. Instead of using eye shadow to seal the smudged out liners, use a little bit of blot or translucent powder. Doing so will make your eye makeup last longer. As for foundation, go with a tinted moisturizer and dust on a bit of bronzer. For the lips, you can use a concealer and/or a nude lip gloss.
To achieve this look. . .
  • Apply a brown base. I used MAC paint pot in Quite Natural. 
  • Apply a brown eye shadow on your crease. I used MAC eye shadow in Soft Brown.
  • Sweep a dark grey eye shadow with a brownish undertone on your lids. I used MAC eye shadow in Smoke & Diamonds. Using a pencil brush, apply this on the lower lash lines as well.
  • To add depth, I used MAC eye shadow in Show Stopper and applied it on the outer corner & outer crease of the eyes. This is a great dark brown eye shadow.
  • Highlight the brow bones by sweeping a light beige eye shadow. I used MAC eye shadow in Chamomile. It has a satin finish, but you can definitely opt for a matte highlighter too.
  • Line both your water lines and lash lines with a black kohl liner and then smudge it out. Top it off with a dark brown eye shadow so that your eye liner doesn't melt off through out the day.
For the brows, just lightly fill it in with your favorite brow powder. I use MAC eye shadow in Espresso.

For my face I used . . .
  • Sally Hansen Inspired by Carmindy Face Primer (this has shimmer and you only need a tiny bit)
  • MAC Studio Fix Foundation NC 37 (applied it with a wet sponge and then using another clean wet sponge, I blotted off any excess foundation. It gives a nice airbrush finish)
  • Sephora Concealer/Corrector quad (for under eyes and to conceal any redness)
  • Graftobian HD powder palette (for setting the foundation and for contouring)
Lips - MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipstick and lipgloss.
Hope you guys liked it!
Upcoming posts. . .
Sephora Brush Belt
Makeup Collection
Makeupforever VS Sephora Concealer/Corrector palette
Graftobian HD Foundation Palette Review

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Smoky eyes looks really really good on you. And I love how it's not too dark making it wearable for daytime too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum has good skin. So I just briefly took one of her SKII(www.geocities.jp/hongkong_skii/index_e.htm) to use, which I assume is a moisturizer. It's good man I tell you! She gave me a small bottle of eye cream before but the effects weren't that great and I stopped using. But my mum's moisturizer is good! I can feel it reacting once I applied it

    ReplyDelete

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com