Saturday, May 16, 2009

Is it Worth the Splurge??


So I'm contemplating on getting this brush so I decided to ask for your honest opinion ladies.
The only thing that holds me back from getting this for myself is the price. A part of me thinks that I've splurged many times on makeup but this is something that I really need especially after these unexplainable and unbearable breakouts that I've been having for the last week or so. The pimples have dried out but I am still left in the dark about what's causing them.
I'm leaning towards the pro's in getting this Clarisonic brush especially after researching youtube reviews about it. I've tried using my regular face wash and acne medication routine whenever I do get breakouts and while it does heal it in a couple of days, out POPS a NEW pimple in a new spot on my face. Ugh....-_-.
Now there is a NEW Clarisonic brush version that has recently entered the beauty market (like sephora). Here's the info I got from Sephora about it . . . .

Clarisonic® Plus Skin Care System & Spot Therapy Kit
What it is:
An enhanced Clarisonic® Plus system with a third speed along with a new Spot Therapy Brush Head for the body.

What it is formulated to do:
From the creators of the Sonicare® toothbrush comes a new innovation—the Clarisonic Plus Skin Care System & Spot Therapy Kit. Sonic technology first changed the way we clean our teeth, it's now changing how we cleanse our skin. The sonic frequency moves Clarisonic's soft, gentle brush back and forth at more than 300 times per second, thoroughly clearing pores and skin surface.

Here are some of the benefits this revolutionary skincare tool delivers:
- Removes makeup six times better than traditional methods.
- Clears pores and reduces the appearance of pore size.
- Cleanses so thoroughly that skincare products absorb better.
- Creates noticeably healthier-looking skin.

The Clarisonic Spot Therapy Brush Head takes sonic cleansing beyond the face to gently cleanse and exfoliate; smooth rough, dry patches; and prepare the skin to better absorb skincare products. It is ideal for use on the décolleté, hands, arms, elbows, and feet. Enhance your results with the complementary Refining Skin Polish for the body, developed by Robb Akridge. This intensive, 3-tier refining solution exfoliates, firms, and smoothes the skin, delivering radiant, silky-soft results.

This set contains:
- Clarisonic Plus three-speed brush
- International charging cradle for worldwide use
- Sensitive brush head
- 3x trial-size facial cleansers
- Spot therapy brush head (for the body)
- Trial-size refining skin polish (for the body)

What else you need to know:
Used by leading dermatologists and luxury spas, Clarisonic is professional-caliber sonic skincare for healthy, beautiful skin. The Clarisonic Plus has three speeds, allowing it to be gentle enough for cleansing the face yet strong enough to be effective on the décolleté, neck, and arms. Simple control buttons, a customizable T-TIMER®, and a convenient charge indicator make Clarisonic a breeze to use.

It's for both the face and the body but what really makes it tempting is the fact that it's pretty much a more IMPROVED version of the old one. Be that as it may, the PRICE has also..."improved" a bit along with the new perks. It went from the old $195 to a whopping $225. Now it may not be much of a jump in dollars but it has left me VERY skeptical. Plus the$225 one does NOT...and I repeat...does not come in a pink color unlike the older version.
So please ladies...I NEED YOUR HELP! I am in dire need of your opinion regarding this matter. If you own one or not, I would still appreciate any thought about this matter. Is $225 a small price to pay for GREAT skin? What do you think?
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. OMGOSH! Its so expensive.. really!! i want it too.. I want it so bad but I just couldnt justify myself spending $200+ for a brush. :( But hopefully someone will give it to me as a gift. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really think that you should compare it w/ other brushes.. im sure there is one just as good as this one but cheaper. even better if you can try other brushes and find out if you can return it.. then get another one if the previous one didn't do any good. i wouldn't spend that much at all. there are alternatives to this one. but if you're willing to spend that much, save up dollface.

    ReplyDelete

Hi dollface! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure do appreciate you dropping a line or two. Your feedback and questions are important to me so don't hesitate to ask or comment. <(^_^)>

Blogger Template Designer: Jason Morrow

URL: jasonmorrow.etsy.com